Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A lot on my plate

There is just to much going on right now for me to spend to much time posting. Work has been absolutely crazy (except for this moment) so I have not been able to slack off to get any post out. We have family in from Florida so posting from home has been impossible.

As some of you know, but most do not, I direct the college age camp (soon to be known as Young Adult Camp) for our State Ministries. I love doing it but time doesn't allow me the time that I would like in order to do it the way I want. I tried several things to make it cheaper and relocate it to a place with air conditioning but have not been able to get it done. Hopefully we will get it done next year.

I got a speaker about a month ago that would have been perfect but he called last week and apologetically let me know that he had a prior engagement and was not able to speak. So now I am back to square one and looking (not frantically) for a speaker. Because of a small budget I have to find someone local. I have emailed a couple of people and now awaiting some kind of reply.

I have also been trying to start another ministry type project for several weeks but because of scheduling conflicts have not been able to get some testing done in order to get it started. I will let you know more about that project as it comes into existence (if it ever comes into existence).

This week I will teach the youth program at our church, which will be the first time in more than a year that I have done a lesson. I am excited, I have missed working in Youth Ministry immensely and these types of opportunities allow me from being rusty for to long.

So there you have it, a lot going on. I'm excited about these things coming up but nervous on how they will turn out.

No comments: