Monday, October 23, 2006

Dang Kids

I think I have a complex. I have a hard time writing kids up at school even when they really deserve it. So as you might tell I do not write up kids very often. I was sick today and really tired and wrote up my first, two 7th graders. I know I shouldn't feel bad but I do. I feel like they were just being themselves but at the same time they were disrespectful.

I had the D-Hall in my hand and even hesitated to turn it in but I did. One kid was really cruel. He had publicly humiliated a kid in front of the whole class, by that he crushed a bug and suggested it was another kids family. The whole class laughed out loud. Seems harmless but I could tell it really effected the other kid. I probably would have let it go if the one kid had not been effected but while I was growing up I wanted someone to fight for me every once and while. I felt he needed his retribution without fighting and I hope he gets that. I don't know...Teaching is definitely a task and my heart is just not in it.

Thanks teachers (those who choose to make it their job) your job is tough. God will surely bless you!

No comments: