Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday Regurgitation

Several weeks ago I was trying to write every Sunday to explain the previous week of my every day life. This week has been filled with downers. First off we found out last Sunday that a man that I dearly loved passed away of cancer. Wednesday was his visitation at the church. Besides that I was preparing for College Camp '08.

I had trouble finding a worship leader so for the first time College Camp was without a worship leader and I also had trouble finding a speaker that could commit to the full week. This resulted in a different speaker everyday, which was kind of fun to plan!!!

The lack of attendees was a little bit of a shock. Only one couple stayed at the camp site and we had two visitors. It got a little depressing. Finding out that noone was coming and the few that were planning to had a change of plans it was decided to shut down camp a day early.

...added to that was a worthless camp meeting...

So as you can see the week was filled with downers...

I was encouraged today in the service with the idea of "looking forward to heaven" not that we are ready to die but that we are of the realization that death is not the end. There is obviously more to the sermon.

I am looking forward to a better week this next week. I would post some pictures but there are none to post :)

No comments: