Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another E3 = New Games (Xbox 360)

Every year I watch E3 and am excited about what is to come.  I read a lot of game blogs so typically what is revealed is not much of a surprise.  With all that said there are a lot of games that are coming out (or have come out recently) that I want to get so here is my got to have em' list.  Some I will wait for a price drop that will eventually come, others I have to get day one.  So here we go:

Xbox 360

Halo Reach
I love Halo, I really believe it is the standard of multiplayer games.  It takes skill to compete and it takes time to understand.  Every once and a while I still put the disc in just to play a couple of rounds before moving on to the next thing.  Even the expansion Halo:ODST was a great game, probably the best campaign of all the Halo games and with the addition of Firefight made it well worth the price I paid.  If you take the great campaign of Halo ODST and the great Multtiplayer of the past games, this could easily be one of the best buys of the year.  This is a definite Day 1 purchase of course all the games fall in September which is my birthday so money is not going to be an issue for this purchase.

Gears of War 3
I am not a huge fan but love to play the game.  I look forward to the what is to come and really look forward to the epic battle that awaits with this 3rd installment.  I can pass on the Multiplayer...  I bought Gears 2 on Day 1 but this one I will wait on.

Kinect
No this is not a game, but this is another Day 1 purchase.  I am excited for the technology and really want to see it as it develops.  This is really the next integration for xbox and if this works well and succeeds could possibly be the item to make the 360 last beyond the next next gen console.  With this I am excited to see Kinectimals.  This should be a great starter game to try out with.

Dead Red Redemption
This is a game I didn't really know too much about but loved GTA IV and would love to play this game.

Fable III
I am totally pumped for this game.  I enjoyed Fable II  and really dug deep into its world.  I only wish I could play it some more but it seems that this will continue the story that I loved so much from the past.  I am sure I will spend hours and hours exploring and completing this game.  One funny thing is that I always try to be a good guy but somehow, through my choices, I always seem to be right in the middle.  The one thing I hope they change in this one is the multiplayer.  Fable II allowed multiplayer but you could not play as the person you created leaving it very empty and almost worthless.  Allow for this and the multiplayer would be awesome.  If you were able to have more join in the fun there could be some awesome epic battles that could come into play.  This is a Day 1 purchase if money is accessible.

Fallout New Vegas
I am not a big RPG fan but I was suprised with this game.  Once I got past the tutorial, I could not put the game down.  I completed it and at the end I found out you could have a dog which I did not get so there were aspects of the game I hadn't touched.  I traded Fallout 3 in but have threated to get it back so I can finish the expansion packs.  Fallout New Vegas looks to be very simular which is a good thing.  I plan on allowing this game to suck my life away once again.  My only beef is multiplayer, there was none but in Fallout 3 that was kind of the point.  If somehow Fallout New Vegas can integrate this I think it would be a welcome benefit.

To end this post I was disappointed in one thing and this is really silly but I would have loved to see an announcement by Rare for Viva Pinata: Kinect.  I loved viva pinata: Trouble in Paradise and played it until I wore my wife out with it.  The tech would have been perfect for this and I think its a miss for Microsoft to not have it developed.  If they could use Kinect, with the cards from the second game, better multiplayer with each individual garden, more trading possibilites and downloadable content that add more pinatas, this would be a game that could succeed beyond the first year.  I loved Trouble in Paradise so much that I bought it twice so I could play it again.  Next year bring on the Viva Pinata: Kinect and some expanded possibilities and this would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

No comments: