Thursday, February 16, 2017

Stillness Experiment - Day 3

For all the 0 people waiting for an update.... 

So here I am at the peak, I trudged through the final ascension and I am looking below, its still a busy week but the busiest part is behind me... This is why I didn't post and why I slept in and why I have already missed two of the experiments scheduled for today. They will get done but just delayed... So here is a report from yesterday:
 
Practice stillness prayer for 20 mins a day
This was sloppily slipped in between a very intense busy day. I learned a lot about myself in this small amount time though. I find ways to keep myself busy, I brought an old journal (seriously thought it was mine and was empty) and intended to jot down thoughts and potential gleanings from God, instead I opened to find it that it had already been written in. Inside was a lot about, well at least about who I was. This started to gear my brain towards who i've been, who I am and who I am going to be. There has been a lot of waiting for God to open up an opportunity and after 10+ years that opportunity has been seeded. I am curious what it will look like what its been watered and starts to come into fruition. I wondered if it will bear fruit and what that fruit will produce. I am older and still in youth ministry so I wondered how the tree will look after a few years. What is God's purpose for me, why did I have to wait, what will ministry morph into for me. 

My brain was filled with questions and metaphors. Maybe God is leading my thoughts we will see if anything is revealed as the week unfolds.

Solitary walk ride for at least 20 mins a day
This was a hard, I get up early and I didn't feel like trying. But it was worth it. I have been using this time as exercise but no music, no tv just me riding in silence. This has taught me a lot about my body, I have abused it for so long that it is hard to keep up. I can feel my muscles stretching and the fibers bursting. I am tired but I feel better throughout the day. I listen, I don't talk, I typically say a little prayer and ask God to reveal something within me. Still waiting... and hurting

Practice Lords table as family each day
Tonight was a rushed night, my intent was to do the Lords supper with the youth group but it didnt happen, so it got missed. To be honest, I missed it, it was an excellent reminder for me. I will be doing it tonight!

Go on creative adventure
My creative adventure is doing what I love to do, hang out with students. It's an adventure because I don't know them well yet so its a task to get them to open up. A few are starting to know me and its been an interesting. 

I will continue forward and working towards completing this experiment. Still waiting on what God is teaching me!

No comments: