Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ice

In Kentucky, we are blessed to have ice storms every once and a while. Did I say blessed? I meant cursed beyond belief. The ice storm that came by today was predicted yesterday and we (Harry Gordon Steel) kept a close eye on it.

We saw it (on doppler) coming closer so work was called off so we got to go home 1/2 a day. Its nice to be home but it worries me. For the past several ice storms the electricity has gone out. One time the electricity was out for over a week. The good thing is I didnt live here during that time.


Today is my wifes birthday. She is the big 2-6 and she is not excited. I got her qdoba, a velvet cake and a ds game. Of course I will take her somewhere nice on Saturday with another present.

I hope everyone is in a better situation than us, and pray that the ice goes away VERY SOON!!!

No comments: