Monday, February 25, 2008

The one where I took my wife out on a date

Last week I decided to take my wife on a little date, so I told her we were going out to eat for her birthday. We typically stay in Frankfort and go to a local restraunt but I decided we needed to get out. We were on our way to the Olive Garden when we drove across a place called The Pub, so she decided to be spontanious (which was a suprise to me) and decided to try something new. We waited for abour 25 mins to sit, and ordered our meal, since I had never eatin there before here are my thoughts:

THE PUB
  • 25 min wait: The wait was not bad although by the time we were seated the wait was 1 1/2 hrs to be seated.
  • Atmosphere: Was very comfortable. It was dark, had lights if that makes any sense at all. The booth was very comfortable, the acoustics were great I can actually hear my wife and talk without yelling.
  • Service: Our server was a little sarcastic but in a place like this it fit quite well. She was not rude and was able to get our order right. She was very helpful in the selection of our food and dessert
  • Food: I had the fish sandwich and it was GOOOOOOOD!!! I would definitely eat here again. The fish was cooked to perfection, the fried pickle was great, and the chips (french fries) were cooked well and tasted great.
  • Dessert: Since it was Elizabeth's birthday they gave us a FREE dessert, and we could pick from the menu, not an ice cream but we could pick. We picked the Jamaican Cheesecake. It had to be the best cheesecake I have ever tasted.
  • Price: A little pricey (about $30 after tip but we didn't get drinks) but we would have probably spent that or more at Olive Garden so I guess it compares to most restaurants of its type.

We have plans to go again when Samuel (hey dude they wear kilts) and Eyla, Brandon and Saralee, or Heather and Darrell come to visit.

After The Pub we were going to the mall so she could spend her Birthday money but instead she (again surprisingly spontaneous) wanted to see a movie. We both agreed to see Juno. A GREAT MOVIE by the way. It was a serious issue but dealt in a funny way without making it a joke. Ellen Page and Michael Cera were absolutely wonderful, Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute as I know him) had a great cameo and was particularly funny though it was a little type cast. J.K. Simmons did a great job as the father (very funny and clever lines). If you get a chance to see this movie do it, you will laugh and it is very heartfelt. And in a sense somewhat of an unexpected ending, well for me I was waiting for something different. I give this movie an A, 5 stars and 6 eagle eyes....or whatever

Our little date was a lot of fun. One thing that I should do with her more often, she deserves it. It was lesson to me as well. No matter how much life gets busy its important to take your wife on dates, show them that you love them, and have fun doing it. If you don't might lose her.

No comments: