Thursday, March 12, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid


My wife recently brought home a new book called Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I have seen it advertised at the local bookstore and amazon but by the cover (yeah I know dont judge a book by its cover) it looked like a childs book so I kept my distance.

When she brought it home she discussed how she liked it and thought she would use it with some of her students. She raved about it so I decided to read it one night and here is my quick review:

This book was written with middle schoolers in mind. Seriously the diagrams and words are what I was thinking through middle school and remember as middle school being. Kinneys' humor shines through each page making me laugh everytime.

The book is simple and easy to read and understand. It really appeals to the middle schooler but really catches the eye of an adult.

If you have a middle schooler (especially one that hates to read) buy this book one for you and for your student and read it together. You will laugh and in some ways it will let you be apart of that confusing preteen years.

Thanks Elizabeth for leaving the book on the bed for me to open it up :)

No comments: