Wednesday, July 02, 2008

As days go by

I cannot believe how much time is just flying through. I had all these post I wanted to write about but just never got around to them. They are probably lost inside my memory somewhere so it might take time for me to regurgitate them back out.

Several months ago my wife bought me a present, it was the book named Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I just started reading it, I must say he has an unusual perspective of Church, not bad just different. Off the bat he criticizes modern day youth ministry, and can be read insultingly if not trying to figure out where his heart is. I will tell you more as I continue and hopefully finish this book.

Life has been crazy 3 weeks ago, my sister her husband and their two foster children came to visit. I have met the children before but this was my first time to really spend some time with them. They are very good kids and I just fell in love with them almost instantly. Heather and Darrell are in the process of adoption with both children.

The next week Sam and his wife came to visit. The whole family went Cincinnati Zoo and man was it fun!!! I have never had so much fun in my life....JK it was great just a little crowded and its hard to keep up with 16 people at one time.

Sam and Elya's visit went nicely. I hooked up Samuel with an xbox live account (along with my Dad) and we played Halo 3 together, I wish he would get an xbox 360 so I could play with him more. I got to know Elya a little more, and really enjoyed her company.

Some other things to update:

Bought Vegas 2 haven't gotten into yet
Haven't beat GTA IV yet
Saw Wall-E LOVED IT tell you more later (scared Malachi to death)
Did my first Video Blog (see Post #100)
Unsuccessfully worked on a podcast
Wrapping up College Camp '08 planning (having some trouble but I am sure it will all work out)

I will have more later...

No comments: