Monday, July 14, 2008

E3 Microsoft

OH MY GOSH...

This was really exciting, I watched it live at work with about a 10 minute delay. I was a little late tot the party with Resident Evil 5 (3-13-09) being presented. What an impression that has made on me. It was not even on my radar but now its a must have. It has online co-op and just really looks fantastic.

Fable 2 (10-08) was the second game that I saw, it looks really good and really caught my interest I might have to watch more before making that decision.

Gears of War 2 (11-07-08)....AWESOME 5 player co-op, great graphics, it just looks....well....oh my gosh.... I don't even have to words....

Then xbox showed us the avatars, which has been speculated but nothing really to make you think that they were actually going to do it. They looked so cool, and are suppose to be available on the Fall '08 update. I think it will make the online community more of a possibility. Again I don't have the words to explain, I think this will challenge the Wii's persona.

With that announcement came Scene it: Box Office Smash which is essentially the same game but will have downloadable content (which was a complaint of mine with the first) and it utilizes the new avatars.

The dashboard update looks great and the advancement to 8 people was cool. There is just to much to write really here are some quick highlights:
  • Netflix - A combination with the xbox 360 makes me love this service.
  • XBL - Lots of cool games including some tv games that are cool and Uno Rush
  • Sharing Movies - Can't really explain this one to well but its really cool
  • Games - Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, We're in the Movies, Halo Wars, FFXIII are looked exciting

My biggest disappointment was the lack of new instruments for Rock Band 2, making me wonder if its worth the upgrade.

Again so much look for the E3 Press Brief online somewhere.

No comments: