Monday, July 14, 2008

Dayton

**COME BACK LATER THERE WILL BE PICTURES POSTED SOON**
This weekend we stayed at the Hyatt Hotel in Florence, KY and really had a good experience there. The room was LARGE and was separated from the bed and couch with a mini wall. The room came with HD TVs with hookups for games and computers (though we regrettably did not use). The bed was a king size bed which with 3 of us was very nice and now I am a big fan of those types of beds. I got some really good sleep.
Since it was a special time together as a family I got some wine for me and the misses. The wine is called....well I will just give you the link. The name of the wine was appealing because it is an inside joke with my family. The wine did not taste very well but we bought some 7up and drank it at my sisters house the following night. With the 7up it made the wine very good and we didn't waste it.
Saturday we took Malachi to the Newport Aquarium. We had a really great time there. Elizabeth and I feel its important to really get involved with Malachi and engage him in different things. We laughed, smiled, fed birds, played, looked at poisonous frogs together. It was a great time, anytime my boy smiles and laughs it reminds me how I haven't wasted a day on this earth.
After the aquarium it was time to eat so we decided to look for someplace we haven't eaten before. After looking for quite a while we stumbled onto Dewey's Pizza. It was wonderful, the salad was especially memorable.
After we ate we headed to my sisters house in Dayton. We really enjoyed ourselves laughing and just really having a good time. Malachi got to play with his cousins and had a good time, he smiled the whole time. We brought our Wii over and introduced it to Brandon, the game that we played was Boom Blox. We played the game til after midnight. (of course I was so tired that I kept falling asleep during game play and had to bow out for a couple of innings to get re energized). Brandon loved the game so much that he kept going back to it the next day.
Our final day on our mini vacation was started by going to church. Brandon spoke a message that really struck a cord with me. It was right on some of the things I have been thinking about lately. Again as I say in most of my post about Church and spiritual things, more on that later.
After church, (which we got out at 11:20 AWESOME) we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Qdoba. We went back to their house and played more Boom Blox and let the kids played. We finally needed some time to socialize a little more and decided to play Sequence. That was the first time that I got a chance to play this game, I can honestly say I was not disappointed.
This was probably one of the best weekends for our small family and I look forward to our next mini vacation. I really think its important to set time aside for these types of things.

**COME BACK LATER THERE WILL BE PICTURES POSTED SOON**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have you been? Rachel and I LONG ago heard about Fat Bastard.

- hic! -

Ben said...

DANG!!! You just went for the big dog!!! I had heard about it but never tasted it. It was better with 7up ;)