Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Malachi and Daddy's First day of fishing

Saturday's are difficult because I have to pick up Elizabeth from her work. So I had the challenge of making a decision to go home (from our basketball game) and get Malachi out of the car and into the house just to pick him back up and put him in the car and pick Elizabeth up an hour later or to find something else to do. I decided to go fishing w/ Malachi for his 1st fishing experience.

We went to the storage unit to pick up my fishing pole and tackle, then we went to Walmart to get my fishing license and worms and we headed to the game farm to try a little fishing.

It started as a warm day but as we parked the car, got the fishing stuff out and got situated the wind started blowing. He was really excited, jumping up and down, and throwing sticks into the water. The fish were not biting and the world in KY was getting a little colder, so after about an hour I decided to pack it up and go but not before my son said, "Daddy I'm crying" which basically meant he had tears in his eyes because he was to cold.

We went home with muddy shoes, 19 out of 20 worms and no fish. I hope his days of fishing with daddy aren't dismissed because we failed to catch fish, because it is days like these I cherish.

No comments: