Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Most Anticipated Games

With my xbox 360 waiting for shipment to the customer care and awaiting my fixed or new xbox, I have been thinking about games that I would like to play.

In 2007 the best game (by far) was Halo 3, though it was not completely revolutionary (since it follows gameplay and story line as the previous two), it is fun, challenging, and multiplayer, with bungie.net stats, makes it compelling and interesting.

A close 2nd is Rock Band, which is completely revolutionary because of the drums that were added and the band play on xbox live (which sad to say I am not part of yet). A fun game but again challenging on Hard level and I can't even think about how Expert is.

3rd is Scene It: Lights, Camera, Action, which again has been revolutionary because of its controllers and 4 person play. The game has been a treasure and has entertained many of our friends through the holidays. The disappointment: No Downloadable expansions and no xbox live.

Other games that have caught my interest are Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and BioShock but have decided to wait until those are a lot cheaper since finances are challenging these days and though they look interesting I have not looked forward to their releases.

BUT, 2008 is different, there have been several games announced that I am particularly excited about and don't know if I can wait the 2 or 3 years of depreciation in order to try them. So again I thought of the 5 games I am excited about and here they are:
  1. Halo Wars (xbox 360)
  2. Star Wars Unleashed (I fell in love with the Jedi Outcast Series) (MP)
  3. Spore (PC)
  4. Gears of War 2 (xbox 360)
  5. Lego Indiana Jones/Batman (MP)

The ones that did not make are The Ghostbusters (lots of good prebuzz), Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Since I don't have a Wii there is less anticipation. WoW is close because of the new expansion pack but since I have not yet gotten into WoW than the anticipation slowly decreases.

What are you top 5 most anticipated games?

Next week my most anticipated movies of 2008.

No comments: