Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Stupid Chipmunk

Another adventure with a chipmunk...



This time Domino brought it in. He got it trapped behind a corner phone cabinet (which happens to be right next to the sliding door. I thought I would be smart this time and put the cats in the bedroom and seal off all doors with a towel so the chipmunk wouldn't get in the room this time.



With a broom and a door open (and yes, Malachi was on the couch jumping for joy) I proceeded to shoo the chipmunk out the door. At first it looked as though my plan might work but the chipmunk made a new move right into the kitchen and on through to the washing machine room.



There was a lot of places for the chipmunk to hide but I was confident I could corner him. As I started to dismantle the room, I thought about how I might catch this new chipmunk, again I wasn't sure as to what I should do but I thought I would fight that battle when the time came.

As I destroyed the room I found the chipmunk and then lost him again. The only pieces that have yet to be moved was the washer and dryer so I proceeded to move those to find out the chipmunk was no where in sight. After looking around the room and then the living room I called my Dad let him know that there was chipmunk on the loose and I had given up trying to find it.

I let the dogs in and thought how am I going to let this chipmunk on the loose while I was going to be sleeping but decided I would just watch tv. After about a 1/2 hour I saw Teddy (Mom's Dog) sniffing around by the desk. The chipmunk was underneath the desk and no I had him cornered. I decided to enlist the help of our cat Mouse, who kills mice on a regular basis. He's a pro and I knew if I had any chance of getting that chipmunk out it was going to be with his help.

I showed Mouse the chipmunk and when Mouse caught site of it I let him go. The chase began...
The chipmunk ran from under the desk to be bite and swatted (the cat has no claws) at. Mouse chased him under the recliner where it then crawled for a while until I lifted the chair up. Malachi was helping Daddy and was excited about seeing this chipmunk, was on the floor in front of me. Mouse caught site of it again and started to chase it. The chipmunk ran in between Malachis arms and to side with the sliding doors. Mouse had him cornered between the fireplace and a basket. I had a plan. I picked up Mouse and the basket positioned myself to corner the chipmunk. I also opened the sliding door... On the other side of the chipmunk I placed Mouse who darted for him and the chipmunk ran right into the basket. I then automatically tossed the basket w/ the chipmunk inside out the door. I immediately shut the door and watched to see if the chipmunk was in the basket. It was and again Malachi and I survived another day with an out of control wild animal in the house. SHoo!!!!

No comments: