Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally a Wii

In November of 2006 the Wii came out with much antipation. One of the most popular consoles of all time and one of the most difficult to find. It is the console I have wanted for my family since its I have heard about it but have passed it up several times. (at one time I found 8 in one spot and fought hard not to get it, another time I heard there was one at EB Games and waited in line for another game with my card ready but no wii) I have obsessed about it until Rock Band was released and then my obsession was temporarly taken over. (I had small hopes for Rock Band and a Wii for Christmas)

I got Rock Band and have been content and with the addition of our element and several xbox related items my obsessive personality was able to be occupied with so much that the Wii was midly forgotten. Then I heard about a game called Boom Blox that people couldn't stop talking about and my head was again turned at the Wii. Of course I have done really well at not being impulsive with my money so I did not go out and try to find one.

Things calmed down for a very SHORT time when I recieved an email from my Brothers wife and her interest of us all going in to buy Samuel a Wii for Christmas. This was a suprise to me since Samuel, when I asked, showed little to no interest (stating that it gets boring after a while) to the purchase of a Wii. I have been trying to get Samuel to get a Xbox 360 for months but he has looked blindly... Which sucks because its fun and it would be another way for us to communicate...

anyway... We decided to go in together for the purchase and on his birthday (and after looking for several weeks with no luck) he was given a Wii. He called me to thank me and my obsession started picking at my brain. I was wondering about Boom Blox, Mario Kart and yes its online compatibility. A couple of days went by when I finally could take no more so I proceeded to call my wife. I was expecting the answer NO with a little argument but it would have knocked me to my senses and I would like without but to my suprise she said OK. Which I was speachless... I didn't really know what to say... There was no argument, the only thing is I have to buy her Wii Fit. So off I went with the OK from Elizabeth to find a Wii, and with every phone call I was turned down. Elizabeth had a hair appointment in Danville so I decided to look at the local stores to see what they might have so it went like this:
Call to Gamestop - Got shipment check back in 10 minutes, returned call there were None
Walmart - None
K-Mart - None - I then asked the sales rep about anymore places that might sell electronics and she pointed out Radio Shack and F.Y.E.
F.Y.E. - Happened to be next door to K-Mart, with not much hope and the resignation that it was not my time I went in and found none. I went to chase Malachi and from the corner of my eye I saw a Wii box with a sign saying in stock. I kind of yelled at the sales rep and said DO YOU HAVE ANY WII's? his response: Yes, My Response: I'LL TAKE IT

It happened to be the last one so I got the Wii, Wii Play, and Extended Warranty :( and went to pick up Elizabeth. She could tell we were new owners of a Wii when I came into the shop. After the haircut we went to Gamestop and got Boom Blox and Mario Kart. We had a nice time trying out this new console and Malachi was able to enjoy it as well. You can read more on her side here.

Last night we tried online play with Samuel and Elya and it was fun. Unfortuately not able to talk is kind of a downer but it was still fun (hopefully Nintendo will fix this with a new wiimote). I will give my review of the Wii and games soon. Great Purchase, Wife fell in love with it, Great Family Fun, and I threw my arm out... It was a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So does this mean, Darrell and I won't be seeing you on XBOX LIVE?

Heather said...

I want one!!! Can the family chip in and get me one, too???!!!