Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My wifes big Game

Tuesday is a night that I go and play Coed softball with the church. Elizabeth goes to support and to get Malachi out of the house. Yesterday we had a problem, only 2 girls came to play and we needed another girl so that we wouldn't have to forfeit the game. My wife was asked to play, to be honest I was a little nervous for her. Honestly I have never seen her play to many sports and she typically gave me a dirty look when I asked her to play Ultimate Frisbee with us. I also could tell she was really nervous.

She actually did quite well. I mean she didn't hit a homerun or anything but she went to bat 3 times and hit 3 fair balls. It was awesome, she made me proud. Her hits when something like this:

1st hit: Straight up 3rd base, she almost made it but the ball beat her.
2nd hit: up the middle but ball was dropped and underthrown allowing her to get to first base. After 2 other hitters she made it home for her first run
3rd hit: By the base, she got to first but was called out when she was clearly safe :)

Again I was very proud of her, she stepped out of her shell, had a little fun, and really did a great job. Good job honey!!! You can read her side of the story here.

No comments: