Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Weekend

This past weekend is the first time in a long time that I have not had anything specific to do. It was the opportunity to actually relax and take some time with myself and my family. Friday's I get to work 1/2 days which enables me a quicker weekend. I decided that I had not been to a movie for a while and it was time for me to take my son to see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (My wife had to work on her Masters binder so this was the opportunity to take Malachi out of the house). Of course I did my usual flop up and because I confused the times we were late for Indiana Jones but on time for Prince Caspian. I didn't want to spend money to see this movie but because I promised my son a movie we decided to watch it anyway. Since I like to do reviews here is a short review: REVIEW: It was actually pretty good, it was not really to much like the book. But the basics were all there. It was like they were trying to make an epic movie and did well with the battles but really got away from character development. I would say this was better than the first but it is a renter. Give it a try when it comes to video B-

Continuing on with the weekend...

The rest of weekend consisted of playing a lot of Nintendo Wii with the family. The Wii is a great game for our family. Everyone can get involved and since they like to play it makes the purchase really great.

Recently I have had a lot of trouble with my personal computer and decided it was a good time to restore the original settings and start from scratch. But we were not going to do that until we bought an external hard drive which we did on Sunday. We found a 500 GB at Office Depot for a good price and that night I proceeded to transfer our information and start the recovery process. I was able to delete everything successful but was not able to get the recovery disk to do its job. The computer kept shutting off. So now I had a computer with no OS on it and I was stuck as to what I should do. I tried several times to get the disk to go but had no success. I gave up for the night and decided I would try one last time in the morning. Monday morning, I tried and was able to get success. Whatever seemed to be wrong with the computer, seemed to be fixed after the restore. I spent most of the day trying to get the computer updated, the antivirus going, and WoW loaded and updated. As I was doing that my sister called me to help her get her new wireless router going. After breaking one computer and almost cussing out the other we finally got the router to work. So I was working on two computers (one of the phone and my personal one) most of the day Monday.

My brother is a big fan of Smash Brothers so I got my fun money and purchased it so I can have another game to play against my brother. It took a while to figure out but I had fun.

So there it is a REALLY QUICK synopsis of my weekend. Of course there are a lot more details but this gives me a post and gives you something to read. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Which sister was the bozo who is so computer-illiterate that all she could do was cry and knash her teeth????

oh yeah... that was me!!! Dang it!

Thanks for all your help, little bro!!! You were awesome as I lost sanity bit by bit!!! You are the BOMB! (So is my other brother... he helped too! You both are the most awesome brothers any elder sister could ask for!
Love ya!

Heather said...

I think knash is actually spelled "gnash"... that sister of yours aint no good at speling, either!!!

Brian Richardson said...

Hey I have Smash Bros. as well, we will have to play online sometime.