Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WoW - New Realm

At the end of last year my brother got into a game entitled World of Warcraft (WoW). Its a little independent game that no one really knows about... ok unless you are deaf to the world its one of the most popular RPG Open World games that has ever existed.

I have been playing since November under the same realm as my brother. I am not really into RPG games but this game (when you can talk) is very engaging. I have really enjoyed getting to to know the game but unfortuately I am not really involved in the game so my character is actually not as advanced as it could be.

Just for the ignorate (John D) there are two sides, the Alliance and Horde. On Uldaman realm I am on the Alliance side and playing on the good side of world. Just recently I found out that a youth and her father have characters under a different realm. I decided to start a new character in thier realm (Zuluhed). I am playing the Horde side which in reality is the same as playing the Alliance side. Its very familiar. I am a hunter on both realms. So if you play WoW and want someone to pal with (I could never help, my ignorance of the game is overwhelming) find me on either realm.

QUICK REVIEW:

Games like this are usually listed as evil in the Christian Genre. Obviously I do not agree with that philsophy. As far as a "Christian Perspective" there is nothing morally wrong with this game!!! That said, gameplay is very engaging. The game keeps you interested and its built in such a way that when you start, being alone is fun, but as you advance you really need friends to advance the gameplay options and the fun really begins. The negative side is that its to involved, as a husband and father this game has to take the back burner because there are more important things to do. People who neglect relationships in there home because of this game should be scolded. At times the game can be overwhelming to the newcomer. Its also somewhat expensive to keep playing but a nice feature is that I can stop playing and paying come back a couple months later and my character is still there. If you get addicted to games stay away, if you can balance your gaming with real life this is a fun late night game to get involved in. Because of the negative over involved, overwhelming this casual gamer gives it a B.

No comments: