Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Church League Softball

Last night I played on the coed softball team for our church. I played softball at the church I served in Indiana, but they were SERIOUS softball players. I would come early, talk with the team and sit the whole game on the bench. Even the youth would get more opportunity to play. Of course I am not a great softball player by any means but if I go to play a sport I like to play. I mean they wouldn't let me play if we almost had the mercy rule against the other team. So after a year of mistreatment I retired from softball.

I have been going to the church in Frankfort for about a year now and have played on thier basketball team. I decided that I would give softball another try. So out of retirement I have come with my first game yesterday. Again I sat in the dug out but after the 3rd inning I was put in. I got to bat, hoping for a home run and I swung at the first ball. I actually hit the ball and ran because I hit a short grounder. Somehow I was able to get to first base.

Next person up, got a hit and I ran to second. They threw the ball to get me out but somehow it fell a few feet short of me and for some reason I decided to run. As I was running I saw that the short stop and third baseman was halfway between 2nd and 3rd base so I knew if I could outrun them I would make it to 3rd...which I did.

The next batter was up and they hit the ball so I booked it to home for my first run. :)

Of course that was not enough for my friend John Dudinskie. He had to call me and harrass me for almost being beat by a girl at 1st base. If I would have hit a homerun he would have said something about that so I don't really listen to him anymore. :)

I had fun hanging out and actually getting the opportunity to play softball. I sometimes listen to the Bob and Tom show (when they get nasty I turn it) and the song below will sometimes play. I thought it was a clever a comedic song so I thought I would share it with you. There are a couple of minor foul words so if you get offended please don't listen.

Church League Softball Fistfight by Tim Wilson

3 comments:

Dean said...

Hi Ben! I just found your blog through Liz's. I enjoyed your post about Tigger. Hold on to those days as long as you can. We also have Mike Sanchez to thank for my husband's obsession with some game called Kingdom of Loathing! Thanks Mike!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben! I just found your site through Liz's you are toast! I love to post.

Your Pal John

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.