Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Why change the name of the blog?

I have blogged here and there for several years. My first blog was through livejournal and quit blogging soon after my son was born. I started blogging a couple of years ago on blogger and titled my blog New Life.

New Life was a synopsis of my life at that time. New Life can mean several things but I thought when people saw those words it would give a positive feel to what they were about to read. I had a son, a great wife, and lots of things going well for me and my family.

As time has progressed I left this blog behind to die as my old one has. But this year I had decided (as a New Years Resolution) to write more on my blog and so in 2008 I have blogged more than ever before. This past month I have changed the layout and included some widgets. (next I am going to try and get my blog where it can be read)

As my blog has found new life so have I. As some of you know, I have temporary left full time ministry. Two years ago I left New Albany, IN and one year ago I left Lexington as a part time youth pastor. It was a painful experience because I have a passion for youth, and its been hard to be patient.

My life and my passion took me to a new place....a volunteer. Not as the leader but as a helper, its definitely a new perspective of ministry. To be honest, I would love to lead again but I am not ready so I type here as a volunteer. (I hope to share some of those experiences here, to help Youth Pastors see a different perspective)

I have been in ministry for over 5 years and had lots of experiences as a leader. I am learning new experiences as a volunteer so I am trying to write post on my past and current experiences. Anyone in ministry is a resource and I hope I can be one as well.

Even though Life is still New, I am learning the heart of a volunteer. So this will be a place where you still read about my life but you also might read about my heart. Some post I am working on and should publish soon:

Relational Youth Ministry

Volunteers are a funny thing

No comments: