Monday, April 14, 2008

The Weekend

The weekend was actually quite exciting, plus I kind of lied when I said I haven't had much to blog about. I couldn't mention anything because my Mother sometimes reads this blog and what I was doing was a surprise for her birthday.



I have been watching Simply Youth Ministry Podcast Live on http://www.ustream.tv/. While watching/chatting live I saw some really cool things you could do with this website. I mostly was thinking church related but somehow got to thinking about personal things such as live feed from a living room.



My siblings are kind of scattered, (Ohio, Kentucky and Florida), so I decided to call them to see if they can do a live feed. We tested it on Thursday with very bad results. Friday my brother and I spent most of the afternoon testing and it finally worked.

Friday Night we celebrated my Mother's birthday. My sister and her family from Ohio came and we secretly had my brother and sister and their families from Florida on the live feed. They sang Happy Birthday to her as we turned on the computer and showed my mother her surprise. We all talked for most the night and was able to see the babies.

It was a fun time. We also played a little cornhole which I won two rounds of :)

I can see how ustream can be a good tool in ministry and for bringing families together for a short time.

No comments: