Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My day in New Albany

February 15, 2006 was the last day I spent in New Albany, IN as the youth pastor of the First Church of God. That was a sad day for me, I was leaving a place and church that I really loved. For 2 years I have thought about the people and especially the youth that were a part of my life while I was there. I had promised I would return to see them but because of one thing or another was not able to.

Yesterday, I was able to return. I drove down Veterans and was surprised to see new stores and got myself a little lost in the process. I finally made my way to New Albany and stopped by some of the people who meant a lot to me. I spent about 30 mins with each of them, we caught up, laughed, and said our goodbyes. I look forward to stopping by again sometime to see them again. They are saints and I am so thankful I have had the pleasure/honor to meet/befriend them.

After that I played basketball Ben and we got whooped (I only played like 7 mins though). Then we went to Tumbleweed and met Ashley, then called Jay and he came over to meet with us. Unfortunately that is all that came but people are busy and I can understand that.

We took a couple of hours and really caught up.

Side Note: Ben and I tried a buffalo burger from Tumbleweed and its was surprisingly dull. I think the service at Tumbleweed is good but can't say I care much for the food.

It was hard to go back. I always felt that I turned my back on them. I would have almost done anything to stay there. I look forward to the next time we can come to visit and be apart (for just a little while) their lives again.

No comments: