Monday, April 28, 2008

My Weekend

This weekend consisted of several things. I had to keep myself busy or I would have gone crazy. Friday I spent most of the night playing on the Xbox 360. It was a lot of fun, I took out some old games that I were collecting dust and tried them again. Games I played this weekend were:

Halo 3 (DUH!!)
Poker Smash (Trial Version)
Robotech (this games really sucks)
Uno w/ xbox live vision, which I will post more on later
Texas Hold Em' (Trial Version)
Gears of War

I like Gears of War but it is a lot different playing style than Halo. After playing several rounds I was getting beat like crazy. I started playing with some guys who were really good (or at least better than I) who finally saw that I was really bad at this game. They did something that brought back feelings I haven't felt since Middle School. They made fun of me and were real critical of how I was playing the game. They definitely did not try to help me. The feelings brought back times when I would get picked last or not picked at all to play a game. When I got picked it became a big joke.

I guess I have a hard time understanding that type of philosophy. If someone is not as good, lets call them names and make fun of them. I almost always try to help others understand the game, I am never easy on them but I try to help them understand the rules and controls as we play. It makes it much more fun because you are helping someone become competitive and thus creating a much more fun and balanced game. But what happened was I left the game and put in Halo again. I didn't like feeling that way and probably won't play Gears for a little while.

OK I am off my soap box...

On Saturday morning I went with the youth for an outing called DU or Destination Unknown. The "Unknown" places we went to was the new Champs, not to skate but to play Laser Tag. It was fun but not as fun as I use to remember, the real dissappointing feature was NO RUNNING, but we were not allowed to run at Laser Quest either.

The 2nd "Unknown" thing was Putt Putt golf at the Lexington Ice Center, where we found out that they are in Guinness as being the only Putt Putt golf place with all holes biblically themed. I really suck at that game but it was fun to hang out with the youth. After that we went home.

I also did some community service by playing some games with senior citizens this weekend. OK it was my parents and the Sutton's but they taught me this fun game called Chicken Foot. It's a domino game that is not to difficult to learn but takes a long time to play. We had good time with friends and it was nice to get myself away from the TV for a little while.

I also made a cornhole set of my friend Sarah. That has been a task (I have only made a small set previously). I am still not done but it is close to completion. I am not a 100% happy with it but for my first try I think it turned out pretty nice, hopefully Sarah thinks it did as well.

Without a wife and son I had to fend for myself for food and instead of going grocery shopping I decided that going out to eat was the best option. Here are the places I went:
Friday - New China (Elizabeth doesn't like Chinese food, my parents always eat at a different Chinese place)
Saturday - Qdoba - Chicken Burrito YUM.....
Sunday - Bella Pizza - Always a treat

Sunday morning we had special guests for the service called the Covenant Players. They were a drama team that travels around the country doing skits for different places. It was quite interesting and was nice to see what people were doing for ministry. This particular team was made up a family of three and have been traveling for 30+ years.

It was a good weekend but I am ready for Malachi and Elizabeth to be home. Even though they are probably not missing me, I miss them immensely.

No comments: