Tuesday, April 29, 2008

MY WIFE AND SON ARE COMING HOME!!!

I haven't blogged about this, I have been meaning to but have not really felt like blogging to much this past week. A week and 1 day ago I put my wife and son on a plane to visit her parents in Florida. I have only been at this current job for 1 year and haven't "earned" a week of vacation yet, (The concept of "earned" time off seems so backwards to me) so I was not able to go.

This week I have been batchin it pretty good. Because of current conditions my wife, son and I live with my parents. We have one wing of the house, they have the other. We share a kitchen, dining room, and living room. This week I have pretty much stayed on my side of the house. A typical day looked like this:

Get up go to work
Work all day
Come home
go straight to room
get dinner and head back to room
play xbox 360 and surf the internet

YES I KNOW...its pathetic but in reality my family is a big part of my life and I was a little lost without them this week. I did get to relax a little and caught up on some major sleep but I still missed them.

Sometimes I take for granted what I have and when its gone I feel the full effect of whats missing. So I have been a little depressed this weekend and a lot lonely. I am really excited about today though. I will be seeing them around 6:30, we are going to visit someone at a nursing home really quickly and spend time with my old coworker for dinner. It will be nice to catch up with EVERYONE.

To see a picture of what they did go here.

No comments: