Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Malachi's Obsessive Nature


Malachi is 3 going on 4 and I have had the privilege of observing him through these short years. There is one thing that sticks out, he obsesses over most everything and they usually deliver themselves from one thing to another. Not that is unusual for a child but with him its a little excessive I think. Unfortunately I don't know where it comes from...

The most recent one is his little Tigger. He got Tigger as his bed toy from "Santa Clause". He woke up with it at the foot of his bed, He liked it but because Christmas was so piled with presents that he didn't really hold to it for to long. Recently he has reconnected with his Tigger and has decided to take it most everywhere he goes.

Side Note: I LOVE it that he loves his Tigger, he has gotten into Spiderman and The Hulk but for some reason I am not ready for him to be involved with those toys. I guess I am having trouble letting go of his toddler years.

And we're back: He loves his Tigger so much that when he broke he took it to his Daycare so they could fix him. Yesterday was a tragic day. When bedtime came, he wanted his Tigger. Elizabeth and I could not remember when or where we saw Tigger last. We looked under the bed, in the pillows, through the room, in our room, my parents room, the living room, called the last restraunt we went together, and I was even prepared to go to church to see if it had got left there. We could not find Tigger and so Malachi had to go to bed without his favorite toy. (I think he took it quite well, much better than Elizabeth and I)

I was prepared to go to the Disney store and buy another one, but as I was searching for my things prepared to go to work this morning, I looked in one of Elizabeth's bags and found little Tigger with his sown up back. He had spent the night in a bag not to far from us, so this morning we reunited Malachi with Tigger :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mills said...

he definately loves his tigger...i can't believe i called longhorn!